Information We Collect
We collect “Personal Information”- also called “Personal Data”- which is information that can be used to identify you as an individual. The Personal Information we collect includes information that you provide us directly and that may be provided by the financial institution which issued your payment card (“Issuer”). The collection of all of the Personal Information described herein is necessary for your use of the OntoPay™ payment service. This information includes:
- Your name, address, email address, smart-phone number, payment card numbers, card transaction information when you use OntoPay™.
- Transaction date, time, value, and merchant with whom you made the transaction.
- The URL of the online shop with which you have made the transaction.
- Confirmation of payment transaction status.
How We Use your Information
We use the information we collect to enable us to provide the OntoPay™ payment service to you. This includes the following;
- Your name address, email address, smart-phone number, payment card numbers are required to register your OntoPay™ App and verify your identity, and to enable you to use the OntoPay™ App.
- Your smart-phone number is used to send you your OntoPay™ App activation code and to identify your OntoPay™ App and smart-phone.
- Your smart-phone number is also used to create a device token for your smart-phone to enable us to send notifications to your smart-phone necessary for the operation and maintenance of the OntoPay™ App.
- Your information is used to provide, secure, operate, and improve the OntoPay™ service.
- We collect card transaction information when you use OntoPay™ to enable us to initiate the payment transaction.
- We collect confirmation of payment transaction status to enable us to relay confirmation of your payment to you and to the merchant you transact with so they can process your order.
- We collect and store the transaction date, time, value, and merchant with whom you made the transaction to enable you to use the Transaction History feature of the OntoPay™ App.
- We collect and store the URL of the online shop with which you have made the transaction to enable you to use the Website History feature of the OntoPay™ App.
- We store your payment cards’ details securely and do not disclose them to any third party or transmit their details during the payment process.
- If you agree, we may use your email address to communicate important information to you regarding your OntoPay™ App and related matters such as OntoPay™ upgrades or new features.
How We Share your Information
- We share information with the issuer of your payment card and other participants in the payment network for your card in order to process your transactions using OntoPay™ and in the prevention of fraud. Please note that your card Issuer may have its own privacy policies governing how it will use and disclose Personal Information. We recommend that you review your Issuer’s privacy policies to learn about its practices.
- We may share your information with other participants and service providers involved the in the storage of your information necessary for the provision of the OntoPay™ payment service to you. Where such information is shared we require that is used only for that purpose.
- We may share your name and address information with merchants you pay with OntoPay™ to enhance your checkout experience. This is only information you would normally provide to the merchant to process your order. Where such information is shared we require that is used only for that purpose.
- We may share you name address, and shopping history to comply with law or legal obligations such as responding to subpoenas, including laws and other legal obligations outside your country of residence.
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities, in the fight against crime, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
- To investigate, prevent, report, or take action regarding potential or suspected illegal activities, fraud, threats to the personal safety of any person, or violations of the OntoPay™ terms and conditions.
- To protect our rights or property, or that of other OntoPay™ users.
- For a proposed or completed business transaction involving the sale of OntoPay™ (or all or part of our business).
- For any other reason only with your consent.
If you Cancel your OntoPay™ App Registration
You can cancel your OntoPay™ App registration by logging onto our website www.ontopay.com and clicking on the “My OntoPay” where you can login and cancel your App. Once your App is cancelled, you will no longer be able to use your OntoPay™ App to make payments or to Access your Transaction History or Website History. Even though your App is cancelled, we still may retain and use your Personal Information to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, assist with any investigations, enforce our policies, analyze and improve the service, and take other actions as permitted by law. We will cease to retain Personal Information, or remove the means by which such Personal Information can be associated with an individual, as required by applicable law.
How We Protect your Personal Information
OntoPay™ uses firewalls and Secure Socket Layer Encryption to help protect the Personal Information we collect from you when it is being communicated to us. Your payment card details are only entered on forms, and stored on servers, hosted within a Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Storage Service (DSS) Level 1 certified compliant servers and environment. Only Transaction ID packets and One Time Transaction codes are used during the processing of your transaction. Your non financial data is stored on certified 256 bit SSL servers. Our policies restrict access to Personal Information to those employees and service providers who need to know the information in order to provide you this service. We and/or our service providers maintain physical, electronic and procedural (PCI compliance) safeguards that comply with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations.
Please Contact Us